Sunday, March 18, 2012

Twelve Yards of Muslin Projects: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12


I'm still enjoying working with dolls with the armature frames.



The lady African dolls were inspired by an artist from Uganda named Paul Ndebele who paints and creates beautiful batiks that tell beautiful visual stories.



This doll's name is Galimah. I'm not sure what her name means but it was the name of someone that I knew many years ago.




This doll's name is Adila which is Swahili for justice.














I also created more of the African passport mask dolls . The original designer who gave me the inspiration is Sandra Heading Marchand.




This Akili who is a very happy, generous and kindly king. His name is means wisdom.



This is Rafiki.




He is another storyteller or "griot". The first "Storytelller" that I made a few weeks ago along with the doll I named "The Leader" were both adopted from the Brickhouse Gallery the first week they were there.



This is Ndemasi another African king. He has a very strong and arrogant personality.











This is Sister Moon, another inspired piece...








...and Sister Stars.









All of these dolls are ready to be adopted at The Flower Collage gift shop in the Brickhouse Gallery, 2837 36th Street, Sacramento CA 95817.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these dolls that you have made. Just beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete