Sunday, August 12, 2012

Masquerade




I've been bitten by the juried competition bug again. After so much work getting ready for "Mermaids", I still have so much creative adrenalin. I needed some more "trouble" to get into. Someone sent me another call for artists called "Masquerade". At first I said no because I wanted to just take a breather. But then I started getting images in my head the same way I did for "Mermaids". I'm not completely sure what to create yet. The good news is that they will only take one entry per artist which will keep me from being tempted to make more that one piece. The bad news is that the deadline is the end of this month. The prospectus is so intriguing. It asks artists to call on their 'sinister', 'festive', 'macabre' and 'mischievous' creative spirits to create a virtual masquerade ball. Artists are to think of  Mardi Gras, Venetian and Brazilian Carnivale and Halloween. I'm going to dream on it another night and see how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment