Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Granddaughter's Hat

My youngest granddaughter Maya bugged me all summer to make her a hat. Usually, I try to do anything I can to make my grandchildren happy but I just didn't have a design for a hat in my creative bag of tricks.

































Every time she would ask I answered 'yes sweetheart, grandma will make a hat for you' but truthfully, I didn't have a clue where to begin. As the months went on, every weekend Maya came to me and said 'grandma, did you make my hat?' Five-year-olds like elephants, never forget. I was beginning to feel guiltier and guiltier every week because I knew I was putting her off. About two weeks before Christmas, I found this great yarn that had so many wonderful colors in it. I remembered that I used to crochet a little and of course, the light bulb came on. Here was the basic ingredient for Maya's hat. I added some matching ribbon flowers and some rhinestones to give some "Bling". These are my granddaughters Maya and Relena wearing 'original' Cre8tiv Glory hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment