Monday, January 30, 2012

Twelve Yards of Muslin: Project 1

Here is my first finished project out of my "twelve yards of muslin."
I decided to make a fabric art piece. I used the plain white muslin and fabric paints and pens to create the background.




My hairdryer is my favorite tool when I use paint. I always want to get my projects done quickly and this saves drying time between the painted layers.



The white muslin is a perfect blank canvas so that it can become anything.


I made a pattern for the design I wanted to applique into the piece.



Next I pulled out embroidery thread...



...and lots of colored glass beads...




I used beads to add some detail...




...and make the piece come to life.



I used embroidery thread to hand quilt the background...




...and the finished piece is called




"Talkin' To The Moon".





This is not the first time I've created this piece. I designed it for the first time about 18 years ago. It was so popular that I sold it immediately at a craft show I was selling at.




I love my first finished project out of the twelve yards and I've already started the next one. Can't wait to share it here with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment