Friday, May 13, 2011

A New Creative Expression

Last week I dyed some fabric for one of my dolls with diluted fabric paint. This week someone gave me the book Textile Art by Susan Stein. I already have so much on my plate to finish with my dolls, the temptation of a new project was the last thing I needed. I actually put this book on the top of my book case determined not to look at it until next month. But not looking at a new book is kind of like a kid not opening presents on Christmas day. I read one section on painting on fabric with textile paints. I gathered all of my existing supplies and decided to try a quick project.






I used what I had and tried my hand at painting a landscape on a piece of 100% cotton. I'll finish it with a border and add batting and a little quilting. It's not perfect but it was fun to try something different. I will definitely try this again when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment