Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Maixiu, (beautiful, grace)


I am pleased to share Maixiu with you. She is number 18 of my "Gloria's Girls" family. She is my first doll in Asian costume and I absolutely love her. Two ladies visited my booth last month and commented that they never see Asian dolls when they attend craft shows and that was an opening for a challenge for me. I wanted the costume to be something special that reflected
ancient Chinese culture.
Last weekend I saw a movie called 'The Forbidden Kingdom' along with a little Internet research that inspired the idea for this costume. I found the photograph of a beautiful woman's face also on the Internet and used it as a model for Maixiu's face. I love that it is so peaceful yet so wise.






I also designed a doll who will be wearing a Japanese costume. I'm looking forward to begin working on her in a few weeks. I am very proud to be able to present a beautiful doll that represents Asian culture.




1 comment:

  1. Her face is perfect. Really beautiful. It didn't tale you very long to make her.

    ReplyDelete