Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Spring Forward"


Beautiful flowers are the symbol of spring and I'm happy to see winter melting away. Spring is also the time when we "spring forward" with our clocks so that we can enjoy daylight savings time. Tonight is that "spring forward" night and for some reason it seems early to me this year. Anyway, I always have my annual battle with insomnia on "spring forward" night because I'm afraid I won't wake up in time to go to work. So I'm up blogging at 4:00 in the morning. I was so tired after working today, I bought my dinner, went home, ate, tried to work on one of my dolls and fell asleep before 8:00 with my pin cushion stuck to my lap. I woke up about 9:30 and remembered that I had to "spring forward" and I set my clock. I tried to go back to sleep but now my brain just won't shut off. The creative juices aren't flowing either so my poor dolls aren't befitting from this wakefulness.
Let me know if anyone else goes through this annual night of sleep deprivation. I love daylight savings time because I have so much energy and ambition when there's more day at the end of the day but making the transition is a little rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment