Monday, April 11, 2011

"I" is for interesting

My creative energies are not flowing today so, my entry is brief and without pictures. I did think about today's letter "I" and one of the words that came to mind was the word interesting. A few weeks ago I was watching a movie, I can't remember the name and one of the characters was speaking to his adversary and he said "may you live in interesting times". I have heard that quote a number of times before and always thought it meant to live an interesting, unboring life. Later I found out that the quote may have roots in an old curse or warning from China or Egypt or possibly Scotland. The meaning has a twist, it wishes that your life be one of unrest and turmoil and without peace. "Interesting times" definitely applies to life in general right now. There are so many things going on in the world today, we are in turmoil in so many ways and certainly, we are not at peace. I promise I will do a better job of posting tomorrow after a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment