Thursday, April 21, 2011

"R" is for river

"R" is for river. I am homesick everyday for the Bay Area in Northern California where I am from. But one of the things I have learned to love about Sacramento is how easily it is to just step into nature.


Even though the Sacramento area to me seems enormous, you are literally only minutes away from a river access or a nature preserve from any place in the city and county.





I have been here for almost three years and I am still discovering new places that amaze me.





When I was living in the Bay Area I could drive to the beach or the bay in a little over a half hour and I think I miss that the most. But the river has become a great substitute and I can walk their anytime I want in just a few minutes.







We have two major rivers here, The American River and The Sacramento River. Where ever you are, you are either close to one of the main rivers or one of the thousands of creeks, streams and canals.







I visited The Sacramento Bar River Access this week. These are some of my favorite photos of the day.





The river was deep and icy cold because of the snow melt that is flowing down from the mountains.






Very simply today, "R" is for river.
















No comments:

Post a Comment