Thursday, April 18, 2013

O is for...



O is for OMG!!! I 'tried' to do a craft show today but the wind was blowing 12 to 20 miles an hour with gusts up to 35. My tent kept blowing across the parking lot until I got the weights attached but the wind was determined to show me who was boss. I tried setting up my displays but a strong gust would hit and blow everything over. I had to fish my dolls out of the bushes twice and when it happened the third time I declared the wind the undefeated champion and gave up. My poor dolls were in a piles all over my tables and it looked like a war zone. The other vendors were struggling too. Even the vendors who had heavier crafts and merchandise had their tables blown over and some had breakage. Anyway, I apologized to the event coordinator and packed my tent and left. She had asked if I could just lay the dolls flat on the table, which looked terrible but just as she was making that suggestion, two of my dolls got caught in a gust of wind and blew into the booth next door. I told her that I couldn't sell anything that wouldn't stay on the tables. I packed up my girls and went home. OMG what a day.

O is also for more of my dolls, ONDINE and OLIVIA and yes, all of my dolls are hand made by me.
Good night all.



10 comments:

  1. Aww, that's a shame. Wind and tents don't do well together.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I recommend that you disable Comment Moderation. You might get more comments that way.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see the Irish film, Ondine, about the mermaid? It was beautiful, just like your doll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne,

      No I didn't get to see the film, it never aired in my area but I saw the trailer online. I might look for the film again if I can find it. I did see the play many years ago and I had some of my dolls in a mermaid exhibit in Charleston, SC last summer and learned to love mermaids. There is a very strong mermaid culture and following in South Carolina. There are so many little islands there and so many legends and folk tales began there. Thank you for the follow.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful dolls--too bad for the wind. Yay for making it to 50 followers--I was #51 : )
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dolls are beautiful. I remember windy craft show days - they were frustrating.
    Congrats on 56 followers.

    Maybe after the A-Z you can post your dolls in some of my Spark My Creativity challenges.
    Margot at A Devotional Mosaic and Spark My Creativity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margot,

      Thank you, I would love to look into your Spark My Creativity challenges.

      Delete