Sunday, April 28, 2013

X is for...





X is for XANADU. The letter X is always a hard one but I kept thinking about the 1980 movie XANADU starring Michael Beck, Olivia Newton John and Gene Kelly.



 I remember taking my kids to see it. They liked anything that had to do with music and fantasy.

As I remember, the movie didn't do that well at the box office  but it was entertaining.
 
The one thing that I always remembered about the film was that it loosely referenced the nine Greek Muses who bring inspiration to artists, historians and scientists.


Every now and then the movie comes on television and it's still fun to watch and I've been able to share it with the next generation, my grand kids. X is for XANADU.









1 comment:

  1. There are so many fun movies that don't do well at the box office. I thought of Xanadu too but couldn't remember who was in it or what it was about. Thanks for sharing it with me too! :)

    ReplyDelete