Monday, April 22, 2013

S is for...





S is for SOCIAL Media. I have a love hate relationship with SOCIAL Media. For a long time my knowledge of the Internet was pretty basic. I only used it for work related projects. My one and only email account was the closest I got to SOCIAL Media.

When I was taking some business classes a few years ago my classmates teased me because I didn't know what facebook was or the difference between Twitter and Tweety Bird. I had my blog page for a couple of years but didn't post very often and had no followers. Another friend advised me that for business purposes, SOCIAL Media was necessary to stay connected and for exposure. So, I took some time and I figured out faceboook and Twitter and created accounts. I found a lot of relatives I didn't know I had and a lot more information about them than I needed to know which supports the warnings about what kind of information should be shared publicly on the Internet.

I love the interaction with new people. I can post some of my work and get feedback and also new business leads but sometimes I kind of fall into a black hole. If I try to keep up with all of the different types of SOCIAL Media I lose track of time and hours go by. Then I get mad at myself because I really should have used the time to work on some of my projects. If I don't make it, I can sell it.

I now limit myself to only a few options and maybe an hour at a time three days a week and I try not to be tempted by so many of the side tracks that take me off into so many different directions. S is for SOCIAL Media.

S is also for my dolls: SASHA, SABRINA, SONJE, SAMANTHA, STAR, SUNDAY and SUMMER.













































































































5 comments:

  1. Social media the often highly useful, but ever draining time suck--it's a blessing and a curse.

    Love the way you pose your dolls and place them in settings.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dolls! And I agree with you about Social Media. It can be the devil creeping into our lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! I come home and get on different social media outlets and like an hour and a half later I'm coming back up for air wondering where the time has gone! Inspirefly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the middle of typing a comment and it disappeared. In case it posted I don't want to repeat myself , but I share your love/hate relationship with social media . I am a new follower from the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dolls today. I'm a fellow lover-hater of social media. I deactivated my facebook yrs ago and still don't know when I'll be ready to sign up again.

    Chontali Kirk
    chontalikirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete