Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is for...

R is for REALITY TV. I have to admit that I am a REALITY TV Show fan. I used to tease my mom for watching American Idol, The Bachelor, The Apprentice and Survivor several years ago when there weren't so many of them on the air. I couldn't see the point of REAL people going before the camera to make fools of themselves or to make their very private lives, defeats and disappointments so public. I'm still not a fan of The Bachelor or Survivor but a few years ago I found myself rooting for a couple of teams on The Amazing RACE and I am now a regular follower. I am so envious of the opportunity that they have to see so many beautiful countries.

I then found myself enjoying the singing contestants on American Idol, The Voice and a few other singing competitions that I can't remember at the moment and because I am an artist and a designer I have also gotten caught up in the design challenges on HGTV, BRAVO and STYLE. I really identify with the creative processes that the designers go through to complete the various challenges they are given.

But wait, it gets a lot worse. I have also become a follower of two of the many Real Housewives Of...  programs. I won't say which ones but I now tune in every week to watch these silly people behave foolishly. I'm not ashamed, I admit it, I've become my mother. R is for REALITY TV.

R is also for my only R doll, Roxy.


















I am getting ready to try a new doll design that I treated myself to. I bought a couple of Tilda's Ideas books and can't wait to learn how to make 'Tilda Dolls'. I hope I have one finished for "T is for..." on Tuesday. Have a great weekend.

14 comments:

  1. I have to admit I also a lover of reality TV. Love Amazing Race and I have have watched Survivor for the 25 seasons that it has been on. I have even become a fan of the Housewives of Beverly Hills but that's the only one. I also love the competitive shows on HGTV Bavo and Lifetime. As much as I enjoy these types of shows I can say with pride that I have never ever watched Honey Boo Boo of the Kardashians.

    Have a great day off tomorrow
    Came by from Tales of the Reborn Crafter
    http://talesofthereborncrafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to meet another Beverly Hills Housewives fan, me too and Honey Boo Boo and the Kardahians are definitely NOT on my watch list.

      Delete
  2. Watching reality TV is one of my guilty pleasures. Maybe I like to watch people making fools of themselves. I was Survivor, Big Brother and Amazing Race. But I also found Rock of Love and Family Jewels to be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty pleasures are fun and we deserve them. You know, I have watched Family Jewels too.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I've been there as well, I had to ween myself of the Real Housewives, I guess I watched it because there was so much drama, and I spent a lot of time in my studio which can sometimes be isolating, after a while I found the programme very annoying, and as you say their foolish behaviour and cattiness unbearable. I like your dolls!

    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Reality shows are so addictive! I used to love Big Brother but try to avoid these kind of shows in case I get sucked into them. ;-)
    Short Story Ideas & Just Ermie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m the same way! RHWs gets too catty for me, so I rarely watch. My favorites right now are the Braxton Family Values (catty but funny to watch) and Joan and Melissa. My mother has me hipped on Fashion Police too. That woman [Joan] is funny!

    Chontali Kirk
    chontalikirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Roxy is quite splendid!!

    Damyanti @Daily(w)rite Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    AZ blogs on Social Media

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a fan of reality tv but am surely a fan of all things creative. Found your blog through the Challenge and I look forward to coming here again to get inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you, the early days of competition shows left me wondering why people spent their time watching them but I have since found several of the ones you mention really interesting to watch!

    Hope you have a chance to stop by my A to Z as well! http://janiceperson.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I really don't watch television, there is nothing on it. Over the years it seems to cater to a certain audience and much like the 8-9 commercials between the shows.... Not for me, I have other things I would rather enjoy! Reading for pleasure, reading to learn something, sewing, crocheting, enjoying my cat, cooking, gardening, tending to my plants, or myself and surroundings. I will however watch a Lakers game or baseball game, the Olympics when they are on, real things. In summation, reality shows are like a character of no value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I think if I used television to "zone out" it could be a problem, I would be a couch potato. I am constantly working and creating while the television is on. I've always found inspiration and food for my imagination in many places, books, conversations, movies, site seeing and even television. I am a visual person so sometimes just the tiniest flash of something gives birth to a flood of new ideas.

      Delete
  10. Oh my! That's too much reality for me. I still watch Idol but even that's losing it's appeal for me. So glad you've broken the 50 follower mark.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy some of the reality shows, however it seems as though it's becoming a bit too ridiculous for me with the amount there are.

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete